November 6, 2008

Miss America versus Domestic Goddess





Some of you may not know this, but I always wanted to be Miss America! No, I am not kidding...you can laugh if you like, but hey that is what I wanted. As a teen, I enjoyed displaying my talent of playing the piano and competing in talent and scholarship pageants. I was able to place 1st and 2nd runner up several times and win the talent portion of state and one national competition, but never managed to acquire 'the' crown and title. I really enjoyed the spot light, being on stage, entertaining the audience, etc. I loved staying at resorts and being pampered. It was fun and exciting!

Now, obviously I am way past the age of Miss America and even disqualified from any title containing "miss". In fact, I have a very different life. I have been married for 15 adventurous years and am a homeschooling mom to Sarah - 13 and David - 10. I spend most of my time schooling and running a taxi service!


The point is, I believe we all have some sort of 'dream' to be something special, someone significant. I don't think anyone dreams of becoming a 'diaper diva'! Being a stay at home wife and mom has been probably the most fulfilling, yet difficult choice of a career for me. There are times when you feel invisible and insignificant, but through my relationship with Jesus, He has shown me how incredibly important this role is!

God has shown me that two of the most important things that I could accomplish in my life are fulfilling my commitment to my marriage and raising my children to know God.

Jesus was able to be a servant, He washed the disciples feet and walked humbly because He "knew" where He had came from and where He was going. Wow...there is nothing more fulfilling in life, no matter what your status or lot in life, than knowing your specific purpose and having the confidence to fulfill that purpose through your relationship with Jesus! I know I am a child of God...hmmm....I think that does make me a princess!

Kristy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right on target and you always have been a princess from the moment God gave you to Dad and I.

Dave said...

What a precious blog, Kristy. Barb and I could not be more happy with what you do for the family.

Papadave